Become a Volunteer
Your time and your talents keep families together.
Choose the best way to lend your time and talents to families in need.
Volunteer Opportunities for Committed Individuals
Become more involved with our mission. Become more connected to families in need by becoming a recurring volunteer.
- Family Services Support Volunteers – welcome families to Ronald McDonald House and assist our guest families and callers by answering phones, questions, directing to appropriate staff and providing other services as needed.
- House Support Volunteers – help assist with the day-to-day operations of our House. No two days as a House Support volunteer are alike, and these individuals handle a variety of tasks.
- Administrative Support Volunteers – assist with various types of administrative tasks such as scanning, mailings, data entry and other office support.
Get Started as a Recurring Volunteer
The first step to becoming a recurring volunteer is to apply through our volunteer portal. Please note, there are a few requirements before you join our volunteer team:
- Complete all onboarding steps – apply, attend a virtual orientation session, complete a background check, and shadow a current volunteer or member of the Family Services Team to learn the responsibilities of your role.
- All individual volunteers must commit to a minimum of two set, recurring shifts each month for at least six months.
Show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, for the safety of all guest families, volunteers, and staff members.
Submit Your Application
If you’ve decided that volunteering with Ronald McDonald House of South Louisiana is the right fit for you, click the link below to begin the application process.
Click here to see available opportunities:
Help our House from Yours! Staying Home? You can still help! Your support from home keeps our families close to their critically ill children and the care they need.
Thank You Volunteers!
We are so thankful to all of our volunteers! You help us keep the House running.
We have our Guest Chefs who make meals for our families; Baking Buddies who make sweet treats; volunteers who make meal kits and. deliver snack bags; volunteers who help around the House with odd jobs; and so much more.